HomeGalleryCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Trying out different looks for the forum. Feel free to leave suggestions! - Huklebuc

Share | 

Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Gurtachk

PostSubject: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:29 am

In my five+ years of playing this game there has been a few things i have come to realize.
A guild is only as strong as it's weakest member.
A group of good friends is ten time stronger then a group of people just gathered together.
Leadership needs to lead.
Items are just that Items, friends are the main part.

I have lead a total of three guilds in my time, all ended up disbanding when i wasnt there to lead them when they needed it. LoD has great leaders, but i just don't see them leading. Not trying to be insulting to anyone at all and if it is taken this way then my appoligies.

Lilwing has filled me in on the tragic history that the guild has gone threw recently. I was close to detagging and going somewhere else, but what she said made me want to buckle down and try to make this place better.

My suggestions to increase the partnership and strength of the guild is to perform activities that include the entire guild. From what i've seen so far it is almost an every man for himself situation. For a strong guild you cant have that. You have to work together and be able to trust the person standing next to you with everything and anything you own.

I believe that LoD has potential to be a great guild, but I have not seen anything that is leading in that direction as of this moment. All of you are great people, we all need to make the extra effort in moving the guild in the right direction.

With this in mind i would like to organize a weekend long hunt, we arnt going to hit any bosses. The teamwork for some of these bosses is just not there imo. I would like to see us hunt in A. Either hell to practice teamwork on harder mobs + hell is a good choice because we can gather materials that everyone needs their. Or B. SoC mobs for some of the newer stuff to make ourselves strong as a guild.

Thanks for your time.
Gurtachk
Former War Chieften of the Horde
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilwing
LoD Mom

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): lilwing

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:37 am

I think a hunt would be wonderful....Now, all we need is to get the time settled upon so most can be on at the same time...course, this weekend hunt would need to be after this terrible lag is mostly gone

Worc is usually on between the hours of 3-6 pm eastern standard time...and that is kind of late for him because of his time difference....also, Dragon, Iaello, and Aribeth are on Sweden time and Raz and Kablam are Finland time. I think, most of the rest of us are US time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/imjaide
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:01 am

This would be a weekend long LoD hunt, timezones wouldnt matter considering the hunt would continue threw out the day, with people leaving and people joining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 909

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Dragonmaster

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Ill step in with a reply here later when I got more time.. Off to work now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relie
LoD Scout

Number of posts : 91

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Relie

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 pm

I think that would be great Gurt. My only problem is what about the lower levels? Not everyone in guild is level 100+. Not all of us are even level 75. There are mobs in hell and SoC that can destroy my level 53 mage in just about 1 or 2 hits.

That and the damn lag. My lvl 16 warrior got spanked by shamblers last night, and badly because I coudln't move or hit back. I was doing just fine until the lag happened and I couldn't even fight.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/dhall2371
C.Grant
LoD Newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Wooteh ill try to be on the whole weekend, theyr gonna take away my wisdomtooth's so i wont be able to even drink Razz and i should be getting some hometreatment to tuesday or wednesday Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iaello
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 176

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Iaello Silivren

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 pm

This is a great initiative Gurt. To see an organized guild hunt that spans over a longer period is something I think sounds awesome. I also like the idea that if someone can't make it at a certain time, they will have a possibility to join later the same day. It fits my personal needs aswell as the guilds and I will sure do my best to assist with my time, in making pots and other expendables if they are needed and last but not least with my bow/healing skills.

Is it weekend yet?! bounce

When it comes to the description of the leadership as not leading I do get your point Gurt and thus will only make a small reply here at the end of the post cause I don't really feel I have to defend myself.

Myself, I have never been a person that takes point. I'm the type that stays in the background. This certainly makes me a non-leading leader yes, but who I am is what I am proud of and the things I do is in reference to that. Recently we have had several guild events planned but they all have been postponed because of issues that has arised within the guild (not saying this is the best way of prioritizing). However, DM's suggestion to make a weekend boost is still on I think. Prioritizing these issues within the guild before events and maybe more my discrete personality makes me a not-so-leading-leader, I'm sure. Consequently, I appreciate every member in LoD who takes initiative and tries to bring the guild together and increase the value of being together. I hope we will see more of these kind of events in the future Smile

"No, he's not my boy, but I love him like a son"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Relie to answer your question, with everyone together you stand less chance of dieing and you will get good xp as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C.Grant
LoD Newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Got few ideas for our treasury and members, we should make like 2-3 parties, one doing quests that ppl need (like wurms, fe's and w/e there are for quests to kill) one killing ancient artonian swordsmen (pretty easy with 2-4 persons and very good drops) and if were someday gonna have warden mages, nobles to get hardened items for them, + hell hunt of course with everyone. And at the end of weekend we could try to get pallus down, hes pretty bad ass and needs good teamwork to get down w/o bad losses, so he could be somekinda indicator are we ready to dragons Wink cuz thats the place where we need to ge someday in the near future.

I can provide greater repair pots and some greater stam pots, iaello is our master alchemist, would be nice if u could make us res pots, alot of Smile i cant be online before weekend, but i hope if u need some ingredients that ppl would help to get them atleast some amount, but i do have alot of gold, so if u find someone selling res pots or ingredients for them i can pay those.

Hope we will have a good weekend, atleast im allready waiting it badlly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilwing
LoD Mom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Pots maldred/masas has made for the benefit of this guild hunt:

242 Greater healing pots
200 major healing pots (I traded 100 for 500 blood bandages for them that use em)
80 oils of restoration.
99 greater disease resists.

Worc, too, is a very high level alchemist, as well as our Iaello. Maldred, Worc, and Iaello all have the same problem though? We desperately need you big strong warriors to go out and murder frost trolls.....Alchemy demands frost troll blood...frost trolls are stingy with their drops of blood and this makes it way harder to come by.

Also, I will talk to Worc, if I ever manage to catch him on line again and ask him to make totems for the guild again....What kind are most needed for this hunt? I know that the druid totems went quickly last time, as well as the stamina ones? He can make most of the totems I believe....Ya'll post your order here and I will see about gathering the gems to help with the making of them....

*smiles happily*
Back to top Go down
Worc
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Worc

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:45 pm

hi everybody Smile (first post here) Very Happy
This hunt is a really good idea. I was waiting for that since about Christmas when we talked about going to Meklor or other places. Then it was postponed but we can always resume it. I have lots of unfinnished quests so I am open to any sugestion. Btw I must start wurms, I havent killed a single one since I talked to Watcher. And I must kill Vessel too.

I usually can play on weekends, starting friday night. Most of the weeks I am not home during sunday, but I will be next weekend. Though I will only be on late, next Saturday.

As I can make almost all totems and all potions, I will start working on it. I cant make many totems though as they cant stack and I have little space left. So I would apreciate if you guys picked it as I will be making. And alright, I will hunt some more frost trolls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:16 pm

Thank you all for your help in makin this possible, the more we work together the stronger we will become as group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iaello
LoD Leader

Number of posts : 176

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Iaello Silivren

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Worc, I have space if you need me to store some totems for the guild.

I will make some Res Pots then. I can forage and plant Mandrake myself so all I need is SG Blood cause I'm all out of them. If someone has some feel free to hand them over. Else I'll go hunting in da Valley.

If we could come together like described in this post it would be awesome. I like Grants idea of someone leading hunts and someone leading quest parties (finding out members needs, kicking lazy butts (sorry, meant inspiring Laughing ), planning and promoting the coming events).

I requested some pvp schooling in the forum recently. Pvp island is coming and I really would like to learn what makes a player good at pvp. What should I do rather than just get close to my enemy and let the chars slug it out? The art of step attack, what is that? You get my point I think. I'm sure some members are decent in the art. Start a pvp school that teaches class two hours every saturday?

"No, he's not my boy, but I love him like a son"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 pm

I dont think I need to add anything to the guildhunt discussion.. Im working all weeked long but Ill be online when I can to kill whatever mobs needed to be killed. Only quest (I think) I need to get done is to get the Spy plans. But thats secondary in my opinion.. Id also like hunting in Hell. I need those bodyparts Balron drops.. Id not mind helping out for example a midlvl party to kill stuff though. Smile Whatever needs to be killed as I said.

When it comes to the leadership though, Im curious to how you define "to Lead" Gurt? In my own humble opinion Ive been doing nothing else but Leading very frequently most of the times Ive been online. For example dealing with issues and complains of different kinds. Which is a part of the Leading. The guildhunting could be more frequent though. That is, the organized planned guildhunting. Im on a spontanius guildhunt very often when Im online. To kill Arty (or search for him), to kill EWs or to help with some CKs. The kind of hunts that forms up because all just happen to have a common goal at the moment.

When it comes to killing bosses LoD has killed every single boss in this game except the Dragonbosses. Even Pallus and he need good teamwork to get down because of his nasty death touch.. But, its been a long time since now. Most (active) members of today is not the same as yesterday. So your point is still valid in a way. The knowledge of HOW to kill the bosses is there though, within the older members.

By the way. I still want to kill Meklor. Because he have still not, after like a thousand VF runs, dropped SBoD to me... Its a matter of princips. Doest care the sword sucks. hehe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm

To lead is to set an example, to inspire creativity and growth. To create a will in others that makes them enjoy themselves more.

I wsnt try to talk down to anyone, Please forgive me if it came out that way, sometimes i have poor choice of words.

Delying with complaints is often the hardest part of a guild leader, but DM i havn't been around all that much in the scheme of things. I don't deny that you deal or have dealt with complaints that have arrisen in the guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:05 am

deal^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kenet
LoD Newbie

Number of posts : 8

Character sheet
AE Character(Main): Kenet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 am

Im all for guild hunts, cant wait to start pokin n peltin critters... as far as mat's go, for our alc makers, I have FT and SG blood in bank. along w/ most other ingredients.. oddly been collecting all of that since valinor. Also.. i have roughly 800-900 BB's to pass on to those that use them, for the weekend hunts, just say the word an i'll pass some on..

I must admit, that Ive normally been the hunt n solo kind of player, mostly cause I enjoy the challenge of being able to defeat such -n- such... like Mature Wyvverns or Storm Giant Elites, at a relatively low lvl. sure they beat the hell outta me, but thats part of the challenge for me.. to survive, where most at my lvl would die. As most now know, Ive maxed my PA skill, an now im working on my LB an UA skills so lemme at them mobs..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s10.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=41319
lilwing
LoD Mom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:10 am

WORD!!!!!!!!!! *laughs* You heathen you!
Back to top Go down
Gurt
Head of Recruits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Ok everyone ready to start the hunting?

Today i wont be on besides the little bit i was on earlier, But i beg of you guys start without me. It will be fun to be able to keep a hunt goin all weekend. I will be back early tommorrow morning and so forth each day untill sunday night.

GL to you all and safe hunting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragonmaster
LoD Leader

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Im not online today mainly because of a shitty day and Im very tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1